- Published: New York : Jump at the Sun/Hyperion Books for Children, c2008.
- Year Published: 2008
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 88 p. : col. ill. ; 29 x 29 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 900
- 9780786808328 (hc.) :
- 0786808322 (hc.) :
- Negro leagues -- History.
- African American baseball players.
- African Americans.
- Baseball players.
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Sports & Recreation / Baseball & Softball
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / African American
Recently Listed On
- Non-fiction Grades 4-5
- Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Award
- 5th Grade Reads
- Coretta Scott King Book Award Recipients 2009-2012
- AFRICAN-AMERICAN stories - Picture Book History for gr. K-3
- Checkout History
Login to add tags
We are the ship : the story of Negro League baseball
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: J 796.357 Ne
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Traverwood Youth
Using an "Everyman" player as his narrator, Kadir Nelson tells the story of Negro League baseball from its beginnings in the 1920s through the decline after Jackie Robinson crossed over to the majors in 1947. Illustrations from oil paintings by artist Kadir Nelson.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.