- Published: North Kingstown, R.I. : BBC Audiobooks America, p2008.
- Year Published: 2008
- Description: 5 sound discs (6 hr., 2 min.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: Book on CD
- Greed (Motion picture) -- Fiction.
- Archivists -- Fiction.
- Women law students -- Fiction.
- Motion picture film -- Fiction. -- Preservation
- Hollywood (Los Angeles, Calif.) -- Fiction.
- Mystery fiction.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: BOCD Mystery
Available Copies: Downtown Storage Adult
Read by William Dufris.
Valentino, a mild-mannered UCLA film archivist, buys a decrepit movie palace and uncovers a skeleton in the secret Prohibition basement, as well as long-lost, priceless, reels of film: Erich von Stroheim's infamous Greed. The LAPD wants to take the reels as evidence, jeopardizing the precious old film. If Valentino wants to save his find, he has only one choice: solve the murder within 72 hours with the help of his mentor, the noted film scholar Broadhead, and Fanta, a feisty if slightly flaky young law student. Between a budding romance with a beautiful forensics investigator and visions of Von Stroheim's ghost, Valentino's madcap race to save the flick is as fast and frenetic as a classic screwball comedy.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.