- Published: New York : First Second, 2007.
- Year Published: 2007
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 205 p. : col. ill. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Graphic Novel
- Lexile: 370
- 1596431016 (paperback) :
- 9781596431010 (paperback) :
- 1596433027 (hbk.)
- 9781596433021 (hbk.)
- Dogs -- Comic books, strips, etc. -- Soviet Union
- Sputnik satellites -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Space race -- Comic books, strips, etc. -- Soviet Union
- Artificial satellites -- Fiction.
- Space race -- Fiction.
- Graphic novels.
Recently Listed On
- ALSC Graphic Novel Reading List 6th - 8th grade
- Kids Graphic Novel Core List
- Great Graphic Novels for Teens 2008
- Graphic novel biographies, autobiographies, and memoirs
- books to request list
- Eisner Award-winning Works
- Stand Alone Teen Graphic Novels
Login to add tags
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Teen Graphic Novel / Abadzis, Nick
Available Copies: Downtown Teen, Pittsfield Teen
This is the journey of Laika, the abandoned puppy destined to become Earth's first space traveler. With the blending of fact and fiction, this story intertwines three compelling lives. Along with Laika, there is Korolev, a driven engineer at the top of the Soviet space program and Yelena, the lab technician responsible for Laika's health and life.
Reviews & Summaries
This is a great graphic novel visually - it makes very effective use of panels to advance the story. One thing that really bugged me, though, was the way he drew faces - everyone has these lines on their cheeks that struck me as odd. Or am I just envious because I can't draw decent faces?
Login to write a review of your own.