- Published: New York : Scholastic Press, c2007.
- Year Published: 2007
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description:  p. : col. ill. ; 29 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 380
- 043977733X (reinforced)
- 9780439777339 (reinforced)
- Brown, Henry Box, -- b. 1816 -- Fiction.
- Slavery -- Fiction.
- African Americans -- Fiction.
- Underground Railroad -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- Nominees for the Caldecott Medal
- Picture Book History - African-American stories
- Picture Books On United States History
Login to add tags
Henry's freedom box
There are currently 8 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Malletts Youth, Pittsfield Youth, Traverwood Youth, West Youth
"A true story from the Underground Railroad" -- cover.
A fictionalized account of how in 1849 a Virginia slave, Henry "Box" Brown, escapes to freedom by shipping himself in a wooden crate from Richmond to Philadelphia.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.