- Published: [Boston, Mass.] : WGBH Educational Foundation, c2007.
- Year Published: 2007
- Description: 4 videodisc (225 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- 9781593757397 (set) :
- 1593757395 (set)
- Typhoid Mary, -- d. 1938.
- Typhoid fever -- History. -- New York (State) -- New York
- Quarantine -- History.
- AIDS (Disease)
- Avian flu.
- Ebola virus disease.
- Biographical television programs.
- Historical television programs.
- Films for the hearing impaired.
- Video recordings for people with visual disabilities.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Epidemic : ebola, AIDS, bird flu and typhoid
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD 614.49 Ep
Originally produced for NOVA in association with WGBH Boston in 2004.
Based on the book Typhoid Mary: captive to the public's health / Judith Walzer Leavitt.
disc. 1. Ebola: the plague fighters -- disc. 2. Surviving AIDS -- disc. 3. Bird flu: how safe are we? -- disc. 4. Typhoid Mary: the most dangerous woman in America.
In 1906 in America it was first discovered that humans could transmit typhoid fever. This is a dramatization of the outbreak and a profile of Irish cook Mary Mallon, known as 'Typhoid Mary'. Quarantined against her will, the story reveals the newfound power of health officials to protect the masses, often at the expense of personal liberties.
DVD, letterboxed presentation; Dolby Digital; full screen.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.