- Published: New York : Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, c2007.
- Year Published: 2007
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 346 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 790
- 1416911715 (alk. paper)
- 9781416911715 (alk. paper)
- Triangle Shirtwaist Company -- Fiction.
- Triangle Shirtwaist Company -- Fiction. -- Fire, 1911
- Immigrants -- Fiction.
- Factories -- Fiction.
- Labor disputes -- Fiction.
- Strikes and lockouts -- Fiction.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Fiction. -- History -- 1898-1951
Recently Listed On
- The Progressive Tens for Teens
- Great Historical Fiction Books For Teen and Young Adults
- Young Adult Books I Have Read
- Great Books For Middle-Schoolers
- Checkout History
Login to add tags
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: Teen Fiction
In 1927, at the urging of twenty-one-year-old Harriet, Mrs. Livingston reluctantly recalls her experiences at the Triangle Shirtwaist factory, including miserable working conditions that led to a strike, then the fire that took the lives of her two best friends, when Harriet, the boss's daughter, was only five years old. Includes historical notes.
Reviews & Summaries
When I was reading it, I could hardly put it down, but at the same time I was dreading reaching the sad ending hinted at in the beginning of the book. When I got there, I felt like crying... but I wanted to read the book all over again. It was that good.
I would definitely recommend reading this, but you should be aware that it is a very serious book and that some parts of it are very sad.
Login to write a review of your own.