- Published: New York : Scholastic Press, 2007.
- Year Published: 2007
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 341 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 1070
- 0439023440 (trade bdg.) :
- 9780439023443 (trade bdg.) :
- 0439023459 (alk. paper)
- 9780439023450 (alk. paper)
- Liberty -- Fiction.
- Freedom -- Fiction.
- Slavery -- Fiction.
- Blacks -- Fiction. -- Canada
- North Buxton (Ont.) -- Fiction.
- Canada -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- 8th grade and 9th grade Historical Fiction
- LINKS Fourth and Fifth Grades
- Winners of the Scott O'Dell Award for Historical Fiction
- Children's Books by African American Authors
- Scott O'Dell Award for Historical Fiction
- Coretta Scott King Book Award Recipients 2000-2008
- Historical Fiction for Fifth Graders
- Canadian Historical Fiction For Kids
- local authors
- Recommended Books For Fifth Graders
Login to add tags
Elijah of Buxton
There are currently 9 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Malletts Youth, Pittsfield Youth, Traverwood Youth, West Youth
In 1859, eleven-year-old Elijah Freeman, the first free-born child in Buxton, Canada, which is a haven for slaves fleeing the American south, uses his wits and skills to try to bring to justice the lying preacher who has stolen money that was to be used to buy a family's freedom.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.