- Published: Middleton, WI : American Girl Pub., c2007.
- Year Published: 2007
- Description: 93 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 710
- 1593693540 (paperback : alk. paper)
- 9781593693541 (paperback : alk. paper)
- 9781593693558 (hardcover : alk. paper) :
- 1593693559 (hardcover : alk. paper) :
- Persistence -- Fiction.
- School elections -- Fiction.
- Deaf students -- Fiction.
- Family life -- Fiction. -- California -- San Francisco
- Schools -- Fiction.
- San Francisco (Calif.) -- Fiction. -- History -- 20th century
- California -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- American Girl
- Checkout History
- American Girl
- Historical fiction for children
- My Favorite Things
- Books my kids loved
Login to add tags
Changes for Julie
There are currently 6 available
Where To Find It
Call number: J Fiction / American Girls Collection
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Pittsfield Youth, Traverwood Youth, West Youth
Julie is in school detention for passing a note to Joy, a deaf student who has trouble understanding what their teacher is saying. Indignant, Julie decides to run for student body president so she can make changes to the detention system. But the other students are put off by Joy, her choice for vice president, and Julie worries that she'll have little chance of winning if she partners with someone who seems so different. With persistence and creative campaigning, Julie wins the students over--and wins the election without compromising her principles. The "Looking Back" section discusses the 1976 presidential election.--From publisher's description.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.