- Published: New York : Alfred A. Knopf, c2007.
- Year Published: 2007
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 29 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 810
- 9780375834080 (trade hc.)
- 0375834087 (trade hc.)
- 9780375934087 (lib. bdg.)
- 0375934081 (lib. bdg.)
- Gibson, Althea, -- 1927-2003.
- African American women tennis players -- Biography.
- Tennis players.
- African Americans -- Biography.
- Women -- Biography.
Recently Listed On
- Main CHARACTERs - kids of color lead the story
- 2nd Grade Non-Fiction - popular subjects
- 1st Grade non-fiction - popular subjects
- Picture Book History - Women's stories
- Picture Book History - African-American stories
Login to add tags
Nothing but trouble : the story of Althea Gibson
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Call number: J 921 Gibson, Althea
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Malletts Youth, Pittsfield Youth
A biography of Althea Gibson, the first black tennis player to ever compete in what is now known as the U.S. Open, and in the Lawn Tennis Championships in Wimbledon, England.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.