- Published: [Boston, Mass.] : WGBH Boston Video, c2007.
- Year Published: 2007
- Description: 1 videodisc (ca. 53 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Bryce, Clay.
- Searle, Mike.
- Arledge, Elizabeth.
- Helbig, Ingo.
- Scowcroft, Stuart.
- Bertram, Carolyn.
- WGBH Educational Foundation.
- Storyteller Media Group.
- Western Australian Museum.
- Thylacoleo -- Australia.
- Marsupials, Fossil -- Australia.
- Predation (Biology) -- Australia.
- Television programs.
- Documentary television programs.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Video recordings for people with visual disabilities
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Bone diggers : Australia's lost marsupials
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD 599.2 Bo
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, West Adult
Special features: Printable materials for educators; access to the Nova web site.
A million or more years ago, during the Ice Age, Australia was home to a wide range of extraordinary giant animals. None was quite as bizarre or fearsome as Thylacoleo, the meat-eating marsupial lion. Pound for pound, this creature had the most powerful bite of any mammal, living or extinct. Even though it was at the top of the ancient Australian predators, Thylacoleo was eventually toppled from its throne, dying out along with all the rest of the outsized beasts.
DVD, region 1, letterbox presentation; Dolby Digital, NTSC.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.