- Published: New York : Little, Brown, 2007.
- Year Published: 2007
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 230 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 600
- Spokane Indians -- Fiction.
- Indians of North America -- Fiction. -- Washington (State)
- Indian reservations -- Fiction.
- Race relations -- Fiction.
- Diaries -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- Checkout History
- Classic Young Adult Novels
- Award-Winning Books for Guys (Reading Level Range: Grades 6-12)
- Books and Audiobooks for Adult ESL Speakers
- HiLo: high school students - reading 2nd to 4th grade levels
- HiLo: Adults - reading 2nd to 4th grade levels
- Boy's Journal Style Fiction
- Children's Diary and Journal Narratives
- If you like author John Green...
- Native American Literature
reservations national book award winners high-low book friendship coming of age first person high school coming of age disabilities natives humor reservation life alcoholism native american semi-autobiographical poverty self acceptance native americans bildungsroman reservation life graphic novel diversity hilo_level4 identity education native americans Humour discrimination fiction relationships self-discovery race relations indians loss basketball National Book Award Winner realistic fiction indians hilo_int14-17_read4 love alcoholism young adult spokane perseverence teenagers bullies death dreams national book award for young people's literature winner humor
Login to add tags
The absolutely true diary of a part-time Indian
There are currently 2 available
Budding cartoonist Junior leaves his troubled school on the Spokane Indian Reservation to attend an all-white farm town school where the only other Indian is the school mascot.
Reviews & Summaries
A great book about coming of age, discrimination, and bravery this book tells the amazing journey of Junior, a Indian that is truly nomadic. Hilarious illustrations and vibrant text, this book is truly wonderful. 5 stars Sherman Alexie.
Login to write a review of your own.