- Published: New York : Little, Brown, 2007.
- Year Published: 2007
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 230 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 600
- Spokane Indians -- Fiction.
- Indians of North America -- Fiction. -- Washington (State)
- Indian reservations -- Fiction.
- Race relations -- Fiction.
- Diaries -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- Checkout History
- Classic Young Adult Novels
- Award-Winning Books for Guys (Reading Level Range: Grades 6-12)
- Books and Audiobooks for Adult ESL Speakers
- HiLo: high school students - reading 2nd to 4th grade levels
- HiLo: Adults - reading 2nd to 4th grade levels
- Boy's Journal Style Fiction
- Children's Diary and Journal Narratives
- If you like author John Green...
- Native American Literature
friendship humor semi-autobiographical self acceptance high-low book alcoholism teenagers race relations Humour fiction education basketball bildungsroman national book award for young people's literature winner native americans self-discovery humor coming of age hilo_int14-17_read4 dreams reservations perseverence realistic fiction alcoholism diversity spokane native americans coming of age national book award winners disabilities young adult relationships indians poverty loss native american high school discrimination hilo_level4 reservation life graphic novel indians natives reservation life National Book Award Winner love death identity first person bullies
Login to add tags
The absolutely true diary of a part-time Indian
There is currently 1 available
Budding cartoonist Junior leaves his troubled school on the Spokane Indian Reservation to attend an all-white farm town school where the only other Indian is the school mascot.
Reviews & Summaries
A great book about coming of age, discrimination, and bravery this book tells the amazing journey of Junior, a Indian that is truly nomadic. Hilarious illustrations and vibrant text, this book is truly wonderful. 5 stars Sherman Alexie.
Login to write a review of your own.