- Published: New York : Little, Brown, 2007.
- Year Published: 2007
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 230 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 600
- Spokane Indians -- Fiction.
- Indians of North America -- Fiction. -- Washington (State)
- Indian reservations -- Fiction.
- Race relations -- Fiction.
- Diaries -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- Checkout History
- Classic Young Adult Novels
- Award-Winning Books for Guys (Reading Level Range: Grades 6-12)
- Books and Audiobooks for Adult ESL Speakers
- HiLo: high school students - reading 2nd to 4th grade levels
- HiLo: Adults - reading 2nd to 4th grade levels
- Boy's Journal Style Fiction
- Children's Diary and Journal Narratives
- If you like author John Green...
- Native American Literature
basketball Humour national book award winners reservations indians hilo_level4 humor natives education reservation life high-low book friendship humor spokane teenagers alcoholism semi-autobiographical coming of age dreams self acceptance native americans coming of age bullies death disabilities perseverence race relations realistic fiction love alcoholism first person reservation life loss discrimination native americans graphic novel identity indians poverty relationships native american national book award for young people's literature winner National Book Award Winner fiction hilo_int14-17_read4 self-discovery young adult diversity bildungsroman high school
Login to add tags
The absolutely true diary of a part-time Indian
There is currently 1 available
Budding cartoonist Junior leaves his troubled school on the Spokane Indian Reservation to attend an all-white farm town school where the only other Indian is the school mascot.
Reviews & Summaries
A great book about coming of age, discrimination, and bravery this book tells the amazing journey of Junior, a Indian that is truly nomadic. Hilarious illustrations and vibrant text, this book is truly wonderful. 5 stars Sherman Alexie.
Login to write a review of your own.