- Published: New York : Little, Brown, 2007.
- Year Published: 2007
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 230 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 600
- Spokane Indians -- Fiction.
- Indians of North America -- Fiction. -- Washington (State)
- Indian reservations -- Fiction.
- Race relations -- Fiction.
- Diaries -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- Popular Teen Realistic Fiction
- Checkout History
- Classic Young Adult Novels
- Award-Winning Books for Guys (Reading Level Range: Grades 6-12)
- Books and Audiobooks for Adult ESL Speakers
- HiLo: high school students - reading 2nd to 4th grade levels
- HiLo: Adults - reading 2nd to 4th grade levels
- Boy's Journal Style Fiction
- Children's Diary and Journal Narratives
- If you like author John Green...
dreams teenagers self acceptance hilo_int14-17_read4 Humour death indians bildungsroman bullies love realistic fiction high-low book humor discrimination natives reservation life race relations self-discovery humor indians native americans coming of age graphic novel National Book Award Winner loss identity national book award for young people's literature winner reservation life disabilities friendship basketball reservations alcoholism young adult education coming of age national book award winners high school poverty first person relationships native americans fiction native american alcoholism hilo_level4 diversity semi-autobiographical perseverence spokane
Login to add tags
The absolutely true diary of a part-time Indian
There are no copies available
Budding cartoonist Junior leaves his troubled school on the Spokane Indian Reservation to attend an all-white farm town school where the only other Indian is the school mascot.
Reviews & Summaries
A great book about coming of age, discrimination, and bravery this book tells the amazing journey of Junior, a Indian that is truly nomadic. Hilarious illustrations and vibrant text, this book is truly wonderful. 5 stars Sherman Alexie.
Login to write a review of your own.