- Published: New York : Little, Brown, 2007.
- Year Published: 2007
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 230 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 600
- Spokane Indians -- Fiction.
- Indians of North America -- Fiction. -- Washington (State)
- Indian reservations -- Fiction.
- Race relations -- Fiction.
- Diaries -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- Award-Winning Books for Guys (Reading Level Range: Grades 6-12)
- Books and Audiobooks for Adult ESL Speakers
- HiLo: high school students - reading 2nd to 4th grade levels
- HiLo: Adults - reading 2nd to 4th grade levels
- Boy's Journal Style Fiction
- Children's Diary and Journal Narratives
- If you like author John Green...
- Native American Literature
- Popular Teen Realistic Fiction
- Recommended Realistic Teen Fiction
fiction friendship discrimination alcoholism high-low book semi-autobiographical hilo_level4 dreams indians reservation life bildungsroman perseverence native american national book award winners graphic novel coming of age natives first person humor basketball race relations native americans diversity death national book award for young people's literature winner realistic fiction National Book Award Winner education coming of age native americans relationships disabilities indians high school alcoholism bullies self acceptance loss Humour teenagers love self-discovery young adult humor hilo_int14-17_read4 identity spokane poverty reservation life reservations
Login to add tags
The absolutely true diary of a part-time Indian
There are no copies available
Budding cartoonist Junior leaves his troubled school on the Spokane Indian Reservation to attend an all-white farm town school where the only other Indian is the school mascot.
Reviews & Summaries
A great book about coming of age, discrimination, and bravery this book tells the amazing journey of Junior, a Indian that is truly nomadic. Hilarious illustrations and vibrant text, this book is truly wonderful. 5 stars Sherman Alexie.
Login to write a review of your own.