- Published: [Irvington, N.Y.] : Chatsworth, Calif. : Criterion Collection ; Image Entertainment [distributor, 2007]
- Year Published: 2007
- Description: 1 videodisc (95 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in. +
- Language: Russian
- Format: DVD
- Bogomolov, Vladimir, 1926-
- Papava, Mikhail.
- Tarkovskiĭ, Andreĭ Arsenʹevich, 1932-1986.
- Burl︠i︡aev, Nikolaĭ.
- Zubkov, Valentin.
- Zharikov, Yevgeni.
- Janus Films.
- Moskovska︠i︡a kinostudi︠i︡a "Mosfilʹm".
- Ministerstvo Kinematografii (Firm)
- Criterion Collection (Firm)
- Image Entertainment (Firm)
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Drama.
- Spies -- Drama. -- Soviet Union
- Russian language materials.
- Soviet Union -- Drama. -- History -- 1939-1945
- Soviet Union -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Foreign films -- Soviet Union.
- War films.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Ivan's childhood = : Ivanovo detstvo
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD FLC-RUS Ivan's
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor
Based on the novella Ivan by Vladimir Bogomolov.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1962.
Special features: New, restored high-definition digital transfer; video appreciation of director Andrei Tarkovsky and "Ivan's childhood" featuring Vida T. Johnson, co-author of "The films of Andrei Tarkovsky: a visual fugue;" new video interviews with cinematographer Vadim Yusov and actor Nikolai Burlyaev, who played Ivan; booklet featuring an essay by film scholar Dina Iordanova and new translations by Robert Bird of "Between two films" Andrei Tarkovsky's essay about Ivan's childhood, and "Ivan's willow" a poem by the director's father, Arseny Tarkovsky.
Nikolaĭ Burl︠i︡aev, Valentin Zubkov, E. Zharikov.
An evocative, poetic journey through the shadows and shards of a boy's war-torn youth. 12-year old Ivan works as a spy at the World War II eastern front. The small Ivan can cross the German lines unnoticed to collect information. Three Soviet officers try to take care of this boy-child.
DVD, region 1, full screen (1.33:1) presentation; Dolby Digital mono., NTSC.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.