- Published: New York : Ace Books, 2006.
- Year Published: 2006
- Edition: Ace trade pbk. ed.
- Description: 279 p. ; 23 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- 0441014100 (trade pbk.)
- 9780441014101 (trade pbk.)
Recently Listed On
- NPR's Top 100 Science-Fiction & Fantasy Books
- Classical Geek Education
- Fiction for Teen Boys
- NPR - Whose Democracy Is It? Reading List
- Speculative Fiction Book Club Reading
Login to add tags
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Science Fiction
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor
Originally published: New York, Putnam, 1959.
With Earth embroiled in a vast interplanetary war with the "Bugs," a young recruit in the Federal Reserves relates his experiences training in boot camp and as a junior officer in the Terran Mobile Infantry.
There's actually not much of a plot. The storyline is just a skeletal framework on which Heinlein builds his future society. He expounds endlessly on systems of government, "moral development", and military tactics and technology. It was actually pretty interesting.
Dated language was a little distracting from time to time, but overall it was quite a good read.
Login to write a review of your own.