- Published: Boston : Houghton Mifflin, c2007.
- Year Published: 2007
- Description: 344 p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- 9780618756384 (reinforced)
- 0618756388 (reinforced)
- Adventure and adventurers -- Fiction.
- Museums -- Fiction.
- Magic -- Fiction.
- Blessing and cursing -- Fiction.
- Family life -- Fiction. -- England
- Incantations, Egyptian -- Fiction.
- Occultism -- Fiction.
- London (England) -- Fiction. -- History -- 20th century
- Great Britain -- Fiction. -- History -- Edward VII, 1901-1910
- Egypt -- Fiction. -- Antiquities
- Antiquities -- Fiction.
- Good and evil -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- If you liked The Cabinet of Wonders
- A list of books to hand your child when they claim they can't find anything interesting to read
- Checkout History
- Historical fiction for children
- AAPS Reading Level X
- UK Historical Fiction for Kids
- If You Like "Percy Jackson" & Mythology Fiction
Login to add tags
Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Y Fiction / La Fevers, R. L.
Available Copies: Downtown Youth
Twelve-year-old Theo uses arcane knowledge and her own special talent when she encounters two secret societies, one sworn to protect the world from ancient Egyptian magic and one planning to harness it to bring chaos to the world, both of which want a valuable artifact stolen from the London museum for which her parents work.
Reviews & Summaries
Unfortunately LaFevers isn't quite successful in capturing the voice of a young Edwardian girl. She makes a good effort to insert period expressions into the text but a strong (contemporary) American twang remains. I didn't think this marred the story at all but, if that type of thing bugs you, you've been warned.
Oh, also, look up the meaning of the name "Theodosia" if you're not familiar. I did so on a whim and thought it was a clever choice, given the book's subject matter.
Login to write a review of your own.