- Published: Orlando : Harcourt, Inc., c2007.
- Year Published: 2007
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 246 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 760
- 0152024174 (hardcover) :
- 9780152024178 (hardcover) :
- Mountaineering -- Fiction.
- Survival -- Fiction.
- Coming of age -- Fiction.
- Survival after airplane accidents, shipwrecks, etc. -- Fiction.
- Everest, Mount (China and Nepal) -- Fiction.
- Nepal -- Fiction.
- China -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- It's All Write Judges 2014
- Action-Adventure for Middle School
- Realistic Fiction Middle School
- Adventure Seekers:YALSA 2012 Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults.
- If You Like Gary Paulsen's "Hatchet"...
- Sports Fiction
Login to add tags
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Teen Fiction
Available Copies: Downtown Teen, 1st Floor, Malletts Teen, Traverwood Teen
A fourteen-year-old boy attempts to be the youngest person to reach the top of Mount Everest.
Reviews & Summaries
It's fine, it is, especially in a youth book whose audience is far less likely to know how completely impossible the whole scene is. Impossible! You're so small, main characters! The impact of high altitude on your tiny bodies should be debilitating! Stop taking off your gloves and then not getting frostbite!
Ultimately, I have to say it's a good book. The technical details aside, I would probably consider it a very good book.
Login to write a review of your own.