- Published: Seattle, WA : Blue Wood Films, c2005.
- Year Published: 2005
- Edition: Expanded directors cut; standard format.
- Description: 1 videodisc (70 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Dakota Indians -- South Dakota -- Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.
- Pine Ridge Indian Reservation (S.D.) -- Social conditions -- 21st century.
- Pine Ridge Indian Reservation (S.D.) -- Economic conditions -- 21st century.
- Documentary television programs.
- DVD-Video discs.
Login to add tags
Wounded heart : Pine Ridge and the Sioux
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD 978.004 Wo
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, West Adult
Originally produced as a television documentary in 2005.
Featuring Russell Means.
American Indians and government officials at Pine Ridge, South Dakota--located in the poorest county in the United States--discuss the poverty, racism, domestic violence, child abuse, inadequate health care, and drug and alcohol problems that besiege the community, exploring how the Native Americans there are choosing to embrace their Lakota culture and determine their own destiny in the face of these enormous challenges.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.