- Published: New York : Random House Children's Books, c2005.
- Year Published: 2005
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 91 p. : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Graphic Novel
- 0375932291 (lib. bdg.)
- 9780375932298 (lib. bdg.)
- Babymouse (Fictitious character)
- Popularity -- Fiction.
- Imagination -- Fiction.
- Mice -- Fiction.
- Graphic novels.
Recently Listed On
- books to read 2014
- favorite authors
- Booklist's Top 10 Graphic Novels For Youth 2006
- Heroic Rodents
- ALSC Graphic Novel Reading List 3rd - 5th grade
- Kids Graphic Novel Core List
- Top Graphic Novels Starring Mighty Girls
- My Favorites
- A list of books to hand your child when they claim they can't find anything interesting to read
Login to add tags
Babymouse : queen of the world!
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Youth Graphic Novel / Babymouse
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Malletts Youth
An imaginative mouse dreams of being queen of the world, but will settle for an invitation to the most popular girl's slumber party.
Reviews & Summaries
Babymouse manages to maintain simplicity—with thickly lined cartoons and minimal shading or coloring—while still conveying ample emotions—with expressive faces and to-the-point dialogue. Kids will be enraptured by Babymouse’s vivid imagination and moxie, and not even realize they are learning a lesson about being true to yourself and your friends.
Though boys may at first be turned off by the pink coloring, if the persevere, they will find Babymouse is not a girly book at all.
The first book in a popular series, Babymouse: Queen of the World! is a winning suggestion for reluctant readers of the girly persuasion. A black, pink, white, and, did I mention pink?, color scheme proudly announces that this is not your stereotypical graphic novel. And it's about time. Girls deserve appealing graphic titles just as much boys. (Although, don't let the pink fool you, field tests have proven that boys quite enjoy Babymouse too.)
Login to write a review of your own.