- Published: [Boston, Mass.] : WGBH Boston Video, 
- Year Published: 2007
- Description: 1 videodisc (ca. 56 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Harrison, Jemima.
- Holt, Sarah.
- Passionate Productions (Firm)
- British Broadcasting Corporation.
- Holt Productions (Firm)
- WGBH Video (Firm)
- Human genetics -- Case studies. -- Variation
- Evolution (Biology)
- Mutation (Biology)
- Variation (Biology)
- Social skills -- Study and teaching.
- Television programs.
- Science television programs.
- Documentary television programs.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Video recordings for people with visual disabilities.
- Documentary -- Television series.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
The family that walks on all fours
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD 599.94 Fa
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor
Originally broadcast on NOVA on November 14, 2006.
An intense scientific debate has ignited around an extraordinary family living in rural Turkey with five adults who walk with their feet and the palms of their hands. Five siblings were discovered by scientist Uter Tan, who suggested that the handwalkers might be "genetic throwbacks," offering clues to our early human ancestors. German geneticist Stephan Mundlos is searching for a genetic mutation that could be connected to why early humans first stood upright. The discovery of this family raises fascinating questions about genes, social upbringing, and the evolution of our species.
DVD, region 1, letterboxed presentation; Dolby Digital, NTSC.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.