- Published: New York : Farrar Straus and Giroux, 2007.
- Year Published: 2007
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 229 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 920
- 0374105235 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 9780374105235 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Beah, Ishmael, -- 1980
- Child soldiers -- Biography. -- Sierra Leone
- Sierra Leone -- Personal narratives. -- History -- Civil War, 1991
- Sierra Leone -- Biography. -- History -- Participation, Juvenile -- Civil War, 1991
- Sierra Leone -- Social conditions -- 1961
Recently Listed On
- Books I Have Read
- To Be Read
- Hard Knock Life: YALSA 2010 Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults
- Books, Movies, TV Shows, and Albums featured on the Daily Show (2007)
- Checkout History
- Alex Award Winners - 2002-2015
Login to add tags
A long way gone : memoirs of a boy soldier
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Call number: 966.404 Be
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Floor, Malletts Adult, Pittsfield Adult
"Sarah Crichton Books."
Reviews & Summaries
Honest, telling story of lost innocence and how a lone boy survived including frank discussion of life and death decisions; reality of war, the importance of others believing in healing, and how many civilians in war-torn areas have the courage to help others, especially children.
Login to write a review of your own.