- Published: New York : Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2006.
- Year Published: 2006
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 95 p. ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 730
- Sisters -- Fiction.
- Islands -- Fiction.
- Emigration and immigration -- Fiction.
- Mingulay (Scotland) -- Fiction. -- History -- 19th century
- Cape Breton Island (N.S.) -- Fiction. -- History -- 19th century
- Scotland -- Fiction. -- History -- 19th century
- Canada -- Fiction. -- History -- 1841-1867
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: Teen Fiction
"Frances Foster books."
Two Scottish sisters, living on the western island of Barra in the 1850s, relate, in alternate voices and linked narrative poems, their experiences after their family is forcible evicted and separated with one sister accompanying their parents and younger siblings to Cape Breton, Canada, and the other staying behind with other family on the small island of Mingulay.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.