- Published: New York : AMACOM, c2006.
- Year Published: 2006
- Description: xix, 220 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- 0814473164 (pbk.)
- 9780814473160 (pbk.)
- Developmentally disabled children -- Care.
- Developmentally disabled children -- Services for.
- Parents of children with disabilities -- Attitudes.
- Parents of children with disabilities -- Psychology.
- Parenting -- Psychological aspects.
- Communication in the family.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Parenting your complex child : become a powerful advocate for the autistic, Down syndrome, PDD, bipolar, or other special-needs child
There are currently 4 available
Where To Find It
Call number: 649.151 Mo
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Floor, Traverwood Adult, West Adult
The complex child -- Billy Ray's story -- Not yet the best of times -- Feeling misunderstood -- Working with doctors -- Encountering the "dumb-parent treatment" -- Changing course -- Turning point -- The best teacher--your child -- Two essential words : communicate and adapt -- Creating a life that works for your child and your family -- Service dogs -- Document everything -- Getting the professionals to listen -- Creating a community for your child -- Hiring, training, and supervising caregivers -- Mapping the journey.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.