- Published: New York : Orchard Books, c2006.
- Year Published: 2006
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 29 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 670
- Homing pigeons -- Fiction.
- Pigeons -- Fiction.
- Fathers and sons -- Fiction.
- Kings, queens, rulers, etc. -- Fiction.
- Egypt -- Fiction. -- History -- 640-1250
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: J Fiction / Farmer, Nancy
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Traverwood Youth
When seven-year-old Ali's greedy pet steals cherries from the wicked Sultan for whom his father keeps carrier pigeons, Ali is given three days to find 600 new cherries or his father will be thrown into the deep, dark oubliette. Includes facts about carrier pigeons and the sultan on whom this story is based, as well as an excerpt from "In Praise of Books" by al-Jahiz.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.