- Published: [United States] : Paramount Home Entertainment, 2005.
- Year Published: 2005
- Edition: "Don't call me Shirley" ed.
- Description: 1 videodisc (87 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Zucker, David, 1947-
- Abrahams, Jim, 1944-
- Zucker, Jerry.
- Nielsen, Leslie, 1926-
- Hays, Robert, 1947-
- Stack, Robert, 1919-2003.
- Bridges, Lloyd.
- Graves, Peter.
- Bernstein, Elmer.
- Sondheim, Stephen.
- Paramount Home Entertainment (Firm)
- War neuroses -- Drama. -- Patients
- Flight attendants -- Drama.
- Air pilots -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Comedy films.
- Disaster films.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Recently Listed On
- movies we love
- great movies of the eighties
- Healing Humor
- Checkout History
- Movies Referenced in Ready Player One
- Flicks I Loved
- Funniest Comedies
- Timeless Reels: Classic Films
Login to add tags
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD Comedy Airplane
Originally released as a motion picture in 1980.
Special features: New commentary by producer Jon Davison and writers/directors Jim Abrahams, Jerry Zucker and David Zucker; enhanced movie version with branching to deleted scenes, interviews and more; trivia track.
Leslie Nielsen, Robert Hays, Robert Stack, Lloyd Bridges, Peter Graves.
In this spoof of disaster movies, Ted Striker, an ex-Navy pilot, just got dumped by his long-time girlfriend Elaine Dickinson, who works as a stewardess. In his wish to get her back, he follows her aboard a plane, although he has had a deep aversion against anything winged since he lost several men in the war. During flight, he tries to make up with her again and again, but a crisis looms as the crew and many passengers get seriously ill due to a bad fish meal. Now, it is up to him to land the airplane safely, before the poisoning starts causing casualties. But Ted Striker's aversion to piloting is a serious psychosis, which breaks open and needs to be cured--right now.
DVD, widescreen presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, Dolby Digital 2.0 surround, Dolby Digital mono.
Login to write a review of your own.