- Published: New York : Hyperion Books for Children, c2006.
- Year Published: 2006
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description:  p. : col. ill. ; 30 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 660
- Tubman, Harriet, -- 1820?-1913.
- Slavess -- Biography.
- African American women -- Biography.
- Underground Railroad.
- Women -- Biography.
Recently Listed On
- Nominees for the Caldecott Medal
- LINKS Kindergarten through Third Grade
- Coretta Scott King Book Award Recipients 2000-2008
- Picture Book History - African-American stories
- Picture Books On United States History
- great scott
Login to add tags
Moses : when Harriet Tubman led her people to freedom
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Malletts Youth, Pittsfield Youth
"Jump at the sun."
Describes Tubman's spiritual journey as she hears the voice of God guiding her north to freedom on that very first trip to escape the brutal practice of forced servitude. Tubman would make nineteen subsequent trips back south, never being caught, but none as profound as this first one.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.