- Published: Universal City, Calif. : Universal Pictures, 
- Year Published: 2006
- Edition: [Special ed.].
- Description: 2 videodiscs (ca. 107 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Wilder, Billy, 1906-2002.
- MacMurray, Fred, 1908-1991.
- Stanwyck, Barbara, 1907-1990.
- Robinson, Edward G., 1893-1973.
- Hall, Porter, 1888-1953.
- Heather, Jean.
- Cain, James M. 1892-1977.
- Universal Pictures (Firm)
- Insurance agents -- Drama.
- Adultery -- Drama.
- Double indemnity -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Thrillers (Motion pictures, television, etc.)
- Film noir.
- Thriller -- Feature.
- Film noir -- Feature.
- Crime -- Feature.
- Suspense films.
- Film noir.
Recently Listed On
- Entertainment Weekly: 100 All-time Greatest movies
- TCM Noir Writer spotlight June 2103
- AFI's 100 Years....100 Passions
- AFI's 100 Years, 100 Movies
- Academy Awards Best Picture Nominees and Winners-Part 1
- Top 50 Mystery and Crime Movies
- Checkout History
- Film Spotting Marathons
- Leonard Maltin's 100 Must-See Films of the 20th Century
Login to add tags
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD Film-Noir Double
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor
Based on the novel by James M. Cain.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1944.
Special features: "Shadows of suspense"; Audio commentary from film historian Richard Schickel; Audio commentary with film historian/screenwriter Lem Dobbs and film historian Nick Redman; "Double indemnity" TV movie (1973, 75 min.).
Fred MacMurray, Barbara Stanwyck, Edward G. Robinson, Porter Hall, Jean Heather.
Walter Neff is a smooth talking insurance salesman who meets the very attractive Phyllis Dietrichson when he calls to renew her husband's automobile policy. The couple are immediately drawn to each other and have an affair. They scheme together to murder Phyllis' husband for life insurance money with a double indemnity clause. Unfortunately, all does not go as planned. Barton Keyes is the wily insurance investigator who must sort things out.
DVD, region 1, full screen (1.33:1) presentation; Dolby Digital mono.
Contents: Double indemnity.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.