- Published: New York : Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, c2006.
- Year Published: 2006
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 249 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 730
- 0689868014 (hardcover)
- Self-control -- Fiction.
- Individuality -- Fiction.
- Football -- Fiction.
- Artificial intelligence -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- Change Your World or Live to Regret It: YALSA 2010 Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults
- Winners of the Golden Duck Award for Excellence In Children's Science Fiction: Hal Clement Award (Young Adult)
- Popular Dystopian and Apocalyptic Teen Books
- Dystopian Fiction
- If you like "The Hunger Games"...
Login to add tags
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Teen Fiction
Available Copies: Downtown Teen
In a future society that has decided it would "rather be safe than free," sixteen-year-old Bo's anger control problems land him in a tundra jail where he survives with the help of his running skills and an artificial intelligence program named Bork. In the late twenty-first century Bo Marsten is unjustly accused of a causing a rash that plagues his entire high school. He loses it, and as a result, he's sentenced to work in the Canadian tundra, at a pizza factory that's surrounded by hungry polar bears. Bo finds prison life to be both boring and dangerous, but it's nothing compared to what happens when he starts playing on the factory's highly illegal football team. In the meantime, Bork, an artificial intelligence that Bo created for a science project, tracks Bo down in prison. Bork has spun out of control and seems to be operating on his own. He offers to get Bo's sentence shortened, but can Bo trust him? And now that Bo has been crushing skulls on the field, will he be able to go back to his old, highly regulated life?
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.