- Published: Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2006.
- Year Published: 2006
- Description: x, 225 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- 0195300920 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Deism -- History -- 18th century.
- Statesmen -- Religious life -- History -- 18th century.
- United States -- Religion -- To 1800.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
The faiths of the founding fathers
There are no copies available and 1 request on 1 copy
Where To Find It
Call number: 200.973 Ho
Religion in the American colonies in 1770 -- The Anglican tradition and the Virginia founding fathers -- The enlightenment religion of deism -- The founding fathers and deism -- The religious views of Benjamin Franklin -- The religious views of George Washington -- The religious views of John Adams -- The religious views of Thomas Jefferson -- The religious views of James Madison -- The religious views of James Monroe -- The wives and daughters of the founding fathers -- A layperson's guide to distinquishing a deist from an orthodox Christian -- Three orthodox Christians -- The past is a foreign country.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.