- Published: New York : Atheneum Books for Young Readers, c2006.
- Year Published: 2006
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 260 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 750
- Japanese Americans -- Fiction. -- Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Fiction. -- United States
- Mohave Indians -- Fiction.
- Indians of North America -- Fiction. -- Arizona
- Arizona -- Fiction. -- History -- 1912-1950
Recently Listed On
- Popular Teen Historical Fiction
- 6th grade and 7th grade Historical Fiction
- Recipients of the Jane Addams Children's Book Award
- Fiction by Asian Authors
- 20th Century America Historical Fiction for Teens
- WWII Fiction for Teens
- WWII Fiction for Kids
Login to add tags
There are no copies available and 1 request on 1 copy
Where To Find It
Call number: Teen Fiction
After twelve-year-old Sumiko and her Japanese-American family are relocated from their flower farm in southern California to an internment camp on a Mojave Indian reservation in Arizona, she helps her family and neighbors, becomes friends with a local Indian boy, and tries to hold on to her dream of owning a flower shop.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.