- Published: New York : Hart Sharp Video, 
- Year Published: 2006
- Edition: 2-disc special ed.
- Description: 2 videodiscs (ca. 87 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Berlin, Elliot.
- Fab, Joe.
- Hooper, Linda.
- Roberts, Sandra.
- Schroeder-Hildebrand, Dagmar.
- Hart Sharp Video (Firm)
- Whitwell Middle School (Whitwell, Tenn.)
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Germany.
- Paper clips.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Study and teaching (Elementary) -- Whitwell. -- Tennesee
- Holocaust memorials -- Tennesee -- Whitwell.
- Whitwell (Tenn.) -- Ethnic relations.
- Documentary films.
Login to add tags
There are currently 4 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, Downtown Youth, West Youth
Originally released in 2004.
Special features: Interviews with Holocaust survivors; The rail car journey; The students' visit to the NY Metropolitan area; audio commentary; additional interviews.
Linda Hooper, Sandra Roberts, Dagmar Schroeder-Hildebrand, Peter Schroeder, David Smith.
Struggling to grasp the concept of 6 million Holocaust victims, the students at Whitwell Middle School in rural Tennessee decide to collect 6 million paper clips to better understand the extent of this crime against humanity. Because Norwegians invented the paper clip and used it as a symbol of solidarity against the Nazis, students started collecting them to help visualize such vast numbers of victims. As word spread online and in the media, paper clips poured in from around the world, 11 million of which are enshrined in an authentic German railcar standing in the schoolyard.
DVD, region 1; Dolby Digital.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.