- Published: New York : G.P. Putnam's Sons, c2006.
- Year Published: 2006
- Description: 1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 24 x 27 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Smith, Bessie, -- 1894-1937 -- Fiction.
- Ku Klux Klan (1915- ) -- Fiction.
- Blues (Music) -- Fiction.
- African Americans -- Fiction.
- North Carolina -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- The Blues: Books for Children
- Picture Book History - Women's stories
- Picture Book History - African-American stories
Login to add tags
Bessie Smith and the night riders
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: J Fiction / Stauffacher, Sue
Available Copies: Downtown Youth PicBks, Traverwood Youth PicBks
Black blues singer Bessie Smith single-handedly scares off Ku Klux Klan members who are trying to disrupt her show one hot July night in Concord, North Carolina. Includes historical note.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.