- Published: Prince Frederick, MD : RB Large Print, 2004.
- Year Published: 2004
- Description: xix, 316 p. ; 25 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Large Type
- 140257651X :
- Khan family.
- Seierstad, Åsne, -- 1970 -- Travel -- Afghanistan -- Kābol.
- Booksellers and bookselling -- Afghanistan -- Kābol.
- Kābol (Afghanistan) -- Biography.
- Kābol (Afghanistan) -- Description and travel.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
The bookseller of Kabul
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: Large Print 958.1 Se
Translation of: Bokhandleren i Kabul.
"First published in English in Great Britain by Little, Brown and Company, 2003"--T.p. verso.
This the daily life of a middle-class family in Kabul, the family of Sultan Khan, a bookseller in Kabul. Sultan has lived through several represive regimes, all of which burned and censored his books. Now with the Taliban gone, he is free to pursue his business and his dreams of turning his large collection into a library for Afghanistan.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.