- Published: Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, .
- Year Published: 2005
- Edition: Two-disc special ed.
- Description: 2 videodiscs (ca. 103 min.) : sd., col. and b&w (sepia tone) ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- 1419807730 :
- Fleming, Victor, 1883-1949.
- Garland, Judy.
- Morgan, Frank, 1890-1949.
- Bolger, Ray.
- Lahr, Bert, 1895-1967.
- Haley, Jack, 1899-1979.
- Burke, Billie, 1885-1970.
- Hamilton, Margaret, 1902-1985.
- Grapewin, Charles, 1869-1956
- Langley, Noel, 1911-1980. .
- Ryerson, Florence.
- Woolf, Edgar Allan.
- LeRoy, Mervyn, 1900-1987.
- Arlen, Harold, 1905-1986.
- Harburg, E. Y. 1898-1981.
- Lansbury, Angela, 1925- .
- Baum, L. Frank 1856-1919.
- Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Gale, Dorothy (Fictitious character).
- Wizard of Oz (Fictitious character).
- Good and evil -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Fantasy -- Feature.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Recently Listed On
- Great Movies
- Movies I've watched
- G-Rated Movies
- movies we love
- Iconic Fashion Films (According to Stylist UK)
- Checkout History
- Favorite Movies
- Checkout History
- Timeless Reels: Classic Films
Login to add tags
The wizard of Oz
There are currently 5 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Youth-DVD Movies Wizard
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, West Youth
Based on the novel "The wonderful Wizard of Oz" by L. Frank Baum.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1939.
Special features: Disc 1: Ultra-resolution restored 1939 movie; The Wonderful Wizard of Oz Storybook; "Prettier than ever: The restoration of Oz"; We haven't really met properly...: character bios; music-only track; theatrical trailers; Disc 2: "The Wonderful World of Oz: The making of a movie classic" (1990 TV special); memories of Oz (2001 TCM documentary); "The art of imagination: A tribute to Oz"; "Because of the wonderful things it does: The legacy of Oz"; Harold Arlen's home movies; outtakes and deleted scenes; special effects sequences; from the vault: "Another romance of celluloid: electrical power" (1938 MGM short), cavalcade of Academy Awards (1939 newsreel), Texas contest winners 1939 trailer; audio vault (selection only); "Leo is on the air" radio promo; Good News of 1939 radio show; 12/25/1950 Lux Radio Theater broadcast; stills galleries.
Judy Garland, Frank Morgan, Ray Bolger, Bert Lahr, Jack Haley, Billie Burke, Margaret Hamilton, Charley Grapewin, The Munchkins.
When a nasty neighbor tries to have her dog put to sleep, Dorothy takes her dog, Toto, and starts to run away. A tornado appears and carries her to the magical land of Oz. Wishing to return home, she begins to travel to the city of Oz where a great wizard lives. On her way she meets a Scarecrow who needs a brain, a Tin Man who wants a heart, and a Cowardly Lion who desperately needs courage. They all hope the all-mighty Wizard of Oz will help them, but they have to get to the Emerald City before the Wicked Witch of the West catches up with them.
DVD, region 1, full screen (1.33:1) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo, Dolby Digital 1.0 mono, dual-layer.
Contents: Wizard of Oz.
Login to write a review of your own.