- Published: New York : Berkley Caliber, 2006.
- Year Published: 2006
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: xv, 304 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- 9780425208137 (hardcover)
- Winters, Richard D.
- United States. -- Army. -- Parachute Infantry Regiment, 506th. -- Company E -- History.
- United States. -- Army -- Biography.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Western Front.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American.
- Soldiers -- Biography.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Beyond band of brothers
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: 940.542 Wi
Available Copies: Pittsfield Adult
They were called Easy Company, but their mission was never easy. Immortalized as the Band of Brothers, they suffered 150% casualties while liberating Europe, an unparalleled record of bravery under fire. Dick Winters was their commander, and this is his story based on his wartime diary. Only Winters was present from the activation of Easy Company until the war's end. On D-Day, Dick Winters parachuted into France and assumed leadership of the company when their commander was killed. He led them through the Battle of the Bulge and into Germany, where they liberated an S.S. death camp from the horrors of the Holocaust and captured Berchtesgaden, Hitler's alpine retreat. After briefly serving during the Korean War, Winters was a highly successful businessman.--From publisher description.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.