- Published: Chicago, Ill. : Chicago Review Press, c2003.
- Year Published: 2003
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: xiii, 146 p. : ill., maps ; 22 x 28 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 1060
- 1556525028 (softcover)
- Darwin, Charles, -- 1809-1882.
- Naturalists -- Biography. -- England
- Evolution (Biology) -- Study and teaching.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Darwin and evolution for kids : his life and ideas, with 21 activities
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Y 921 Darwin, Charles
Available Copies: Downtown Youth
1. Before Darwin -- Taxonomy -- 2. A comfortable youth -- Be a backyard naturalist -- Acquired characteristics -- Making shrewsbury cakes -- A classified education -- 3. To distant lands -- Botanical treasure hunt -- Tying the knot -- South American Comida -- Voyage journal -- 4. The search for reasons -- Make your own fossils -- Traveling plants -- 5. A turning point in human understanding -- Going ape -- Count the generations -- 6. The idea that changed the world -- Make your own geological strata -- Camouflage egg hunt -- The benefits of beauty -- 7. Reluctant celebrity -- Carnivorous plants -- Seed strategies -- Emotions left and right -- 8. After Darwin -- The great "monkey trial" debate -- Future evolution.
A biography of the English naturalist who, after collecting plants and animals from around the world, postulated the theory of evolution by natural selection. Includes related activities.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.