- Published: [Irvington, NY] : Criterion Collection, 
- Year Published: 2012
- Description: 1 videodisc (86 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Hitchcock, Alfred, 1899-1980.
- Donat, Robert, 1905-1958.
- Carroll, Madeleine, 1906-1987.
- Tearle, Godfrey, 1884-1953.
- Ashcroft, Peggy, Dame.
- Laurie, John, 1897-1980.
- Haye, Helen, 1874-1957.
- Cellier, Frank, 1884-1948.
- Watson, Wylie.
- Bennett, Charles, 1899-1995.
- Knowles, Bernard, 1900-1975.
- Levy, Louis, 1893-1957.
- Buchan, John, 1875-1940.
- Leff, Leonard J.
- Criterion Collection (Firm)
- Janus Films.
- ITV Studios.
- Buchan, John, -- 1875-1940 -- Film adaptations.
- Hannay, Richard (Fictitious character) -- Drama.
- Conspiracies -- Drama.
- Espionage -- Drama.
- Thrillers (Motion pictures)
- Detective and mystery films.
- Spy films.
- Fiction films.
- Film adaptations.
- Feature films.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Recently Listed On
- Ida Lupino / Gloria Grahame
- Checkout History
- Film Spotting Marathons
- Leonard Maltin's 100 Must-See Films of the 20th Century
Login to add tags
The 39 steps
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD Drama Thirty
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor
Trailer / Previews
Trailers Powered by Internet Video Archive
Adapted from the novel by John Buchan.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1935.
Special features: Audio commentary by Alfred Hitchcock scholar Marian Keane; Hitchcock: the early years (2000), a British documentary; original footage from broadcaster Mike Scott's 1966 TV interview with Hitchcock; complete broadcast of the 1937 Lux Radio Theatre adaptation; visual essay by Hitchcock scholar Leonard Leff; excerpts from Francois Truffaut's 1962 audio interview with Hitchcock; original production design drawings.
Accompanying booklet includes essay by film critic David Cairns.
Robert Donat, Madeleine Carroll, Lucie Mannheim, Godrey Tearle, Peggy Achcroft, John Laurie, Heleny Haye, Franck Cellier.
The 39 Steps is a heart-racing spy story by Alfred Hitchcock, following Richard Hannay, who stumbles into a conspiracy that thrusts him into a hectic chase across the Scotish moors. A chase in which he is both the pursuer and the pursued, as well as into an expected romance with the cool Pamela.
DVD, NTSC, full screen (1.33:1) presentation, high definition digital restoration; PCM mono.
Contents: 39 steps.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.