- Published: Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, [2005?]
- Year Published: 2005
- Description: 1 videodisc (418 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- 1419814494 :
- Rigg, Diana.
- Elliott, Denholm.
- Hopcraft, Arthur.
- Devenish, Ross.
- Burgon, Geoffrey.
- Harris, John, 1916-
- Willingale, Betty.
- Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870.
- British Broadcasting Corporation.
- Arts and Entertainment Network.
- Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Illegitimate children -- Drama. -- England -- London
- Guardian and ward -- Drama. -- England -- London
- Young women -- Drama. -- England -- London
- Made-for-TV movies.
- Television mini-series.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Bleak House 1985
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD TV Bleak
Available Copies: Downtown Storage Adult, Traverwood Adult
Originally produced for television in 1985 as episodes of the television series, Masterpiece Theatre.
Based on the novel by Charles Dickens.
Episodes 1-4 on side A and episodes 5-8 on side B.
"BBC Video classic"--Container.
Diana Rigg, Denholm Elliott.
"At the court of Chancery, the Jarndyce and Jarndyce case grinds on for years with no end in sight. Entangled in the lawsuit are a growing number of innocent victims: Ada Clare and Richard Carstone, whose inheritance is gradually being devoured by legal costs; Esther Summerson, a child with mysterious parentage; and even Jo, the destitute little crossing-sweeper. As the case staggers onward, yet more people become embroiled in the furious legal battle, including the proud Lady Dedlock, who finds herself persecuted by the menacing lawyer Tulkinghorn, then hunted by the determined Inspector Bucket, one of the first detectives to appear in English literature. A savage, but often comic, indictment of a society that is rotten to the core [...]"--Container.
Contents: Bleak House.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.