- Published: New York : Alfred A. Knopf : Distributed by Random House, 2005.
- Year Published: 2005
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 263 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 830
- 0375821821 :
Recently Listed On
- Tween Books w/o Young Love as a Key Component
- HiLo: high school students - reading 4th to 6th grade levels
- Kid books I wish I had when I was a kid
- Nature and Ecology - gr 2-6
- Checkout History
- Popular Kid and Teen Titles by Adult Fiction Authors
- Inspirational Books About Animals
- Summer Reading Wishlist
Login to add tags
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Y Fiction / Hiaasen, Carl
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Traverwood Youth
With their father jailed for sinking a river boat, Noah Underwood and his younger sister, Abbey, must gather evidence that the owner of this floating casino is emptying his bilge tanks into the protected waters around their Florida Keys home.
Reviews & Summaries
I Love this book and all of his other books.
The family dynamic was interesting too - the kids "looked after" the adults while the adults handled their own troubles. The whole family had a lot of spirit and I loved the surprise appearance of another great character at the end.
The plot was well-paced, the story never dragged and it wrapped up nicely but not too fast. Plus, there's a couple good examples here to follow: getting along with a sibling can make for awesome teamwork and caring about the environment can be a lifelong passion.
Login to write a review of your own.