- Published: New York : Viking, 2005.
- Year Published: 2005
- Description: 104 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 580
- 0670060119 :
- Segregation -- Fiction.
- Civil rights demonstrations -- Fiction.
- African Americans -- Fiction.
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- Fiction. -- Race relations
- Tennessee -- Fiction. -- History -- 20th century
Recently Listed On
- Historical Fiction North America - grades 4-9
- History in Picture Books - African-American stories
- Recommended Series For Second Graders
Login to add tags
Abby takes a stand
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: J Fiction
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Malletts Youth
Gee recalls for her grandchildren what happened in 1960 in Nashville, Tennessee, when she, aged ten, passed out flyers while her cousin and other adults held sit-ins at restaurants and lunch counters to protest segregation.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.