- Published: Burbank, CA : Distributed by Warner Home Video, 
- Year Published: 2004
- Edition: Two-disc special ed.
- Description: 2 videodiscs (204 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- 0790789981 :
- Chandler, Raymond, 1888-1959.
- Ormonde, Czenzi, 1913-
- Hitchcock, Alfred, 1899-1980.
- Granger, Farley.
- Roman, Ruth, 1924-
- Walker, Robert, 1918-1951.
- Carroll, Leo G., 1886-1972.
- Warner Bros. Pictures (1923-1967)
- Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Murder -- Drama.
- Film noir.
- Thrillers (Motion pictures, television, etc.)
- Film adaptations.
- Feature films.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Recently Listed On
- Production Code Era Movies
- Steamies, Diesels, and Electric - Trains Galore
- Noir - Classic & Modern
- Alfred Hitchcock
- Top 50 Mystery and Crime Movies
- Checkout History
- Leonard Maltin's 100 Must-See Films of the 20th Century
Login to add tags
Strangers on a train
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD Film-Noir Strangers
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, Traverwood Adult
Trailer / Previews
Trailers Powered by Internet Video Archive
Adaptation by Whitfield Cook from the novel by Patricia Highsmith.
DVD release of the 1951 motion picture.
Region 1, full screen presentation; Dolby Digital mono; dual-layer format.
Special features include: commentary by director Peter Bogdanovich, Patricia Highsmith, biographer Andrew Wilson, and others; excerpt from an interview with Alfred Hitchcock; theatrical trailer; Strangers on a train : a Hitchock classic (making-of documentary); The Hitchcocks on hitch (featurette); Strangers on a train : the victim's P.O.V. (featurette); Strangers on a train : an appreciation by M. Night Shyamalan (featurette); Alfred Hitchcock's historical meeting (vintage newsreel).
Disc 1. Final release version (101 min.) -- Disc 2. Preview version (103 min.).
Farley Granger, Ruth Roman, Robert Walker, Leo G. Carroll.
Guy Haines, a tennis star who hates his wife, is approached on a train by a stranger, Bruno Anthony, who hates his father. Anthony offers a plan: each could kill the other's victim. No motive, no clue would link the two murders save the casual meeting of strangers on a train. Haines doesn't take the plan seriously, however, until his wife is suddenly murdered, and Anthony appears to demand that Haines keep his part of the bargain.
DVD ; full screen.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.