- Published: New York, NY : Kino on Video, c2002.
- Year Published: 2002
- Edition: Restored authorized ed.
- Description: 1 videodisc (74 min.) : si., col. tinted with b&w segments ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Wiene, Robert.
- Mayer, Carl, 1894-1944.
- Janowitz, Hans.
- Krauss, Werner, b. 1884.
- Veidt, Conrad, 1893-1943.
- Feher, Friedrich.
- Dagover, Lil.
- Twardowski, Hans Heinrich von, 1898-1958.
- Andra, Fern, 1893-1974.
- Decla Film-Gesellschaft.
- Kino International Corporation.
- Sleepwalking -- Drama.
- Hypnotism -- Drama.
- Hypnotism and crime -- Drama.
- Murder -- Drama.
- Silent films -- Germany.
- Horror films -- Germany.
- Feature films -- Germany.
Recently Listed On
- Movies Noted In "The 55 Scariest Scenes from Fantasy/SF/Horror movies"
- Timeless Reels: Classic Films
- Checkout History
- Checkout History
- Film Spotting Marathons
Login to add tags
The cabinet of Dr. Caligari : a film in six acts
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD Silent-Film Cabinet
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, West Adult
Originally produced in Germany as motion pictures in 1919.
Supplemental features: 43-minute condensation of Robert Wiene's "Genuine : the tale of a vampire" (1920); behind-the-scenes footage of Robert Wiene on the set of I.N.R.I.; two musical scores to choose from; gallery of more than 40 photos, posters and production sketches.
Werner Krauss, Conrad Veidt, Friedrich Fehér, Lil Dagover, Hans Hainz v. Twardowsky, Rudolph Lettinger. Genuine: Fern Andra.
In the film The cabinet of Dr. Caligari, a somnambulist commits murders under a hypnotist's influence. Also featured is a lengthy excerpt of Genuine. Both films are examples of the German Expressionist movement.
DVD ; Full screen.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.