- Published: New York : Dial Books, c2005.
- Year Published: 2005
- Description: 231 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- 0142405965 (softcover)
- 0803729219 :
- United States. -- Marine Corps -- Participation, Indian.
- Navajo language -- Fiction.
- Code and cipher stories.
- Navajo Indians -- Fiction.
- Indians of North America -- Fiction. -- Southwest, New
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- Checkout History
- Historical Fiction - Librarians' Choice for High School
- 8th grade and 9th grade Historical Fiction
- 6th grade and 7th grade Historical Fiction
- Native American Literature
- Popular Teen Historical Fiction
- The War-Torn Fourties for Teens
- Recommended Historical Fiction for Teens
- Native Writers' Circle of the Americas Lifetime Achievement Winners
- Fiction by Native American Authors
Login to add tags
A code talker : a novel about the Navajo marines of World War two
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: Teen Fiction
After being taught in a boarding school run by whites that Navajo is a useless language, Ned Begay and other Navajo men are recruited by the Marines to become Code Talkers, sending messages during World War II in their native tongue.
Login to write a review of your own.