- Published: New York : Knopf : Distributed by Random House, 2005.
- Year Published: 2005
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 317 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- 0375926917 :
- Blackborow, W. Perce, -- 1894-1949 -- Fiction.
- Shackleton, Ernest Henry, -- Sir, -- 1874-1922 -- Fiction.
- Endurance (Ship) -- Fiction.
- Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition -- (1914-1917) -- Fiction.
- Survival -- Fiction.
- Stowaways -- Fiction.
- Adventure and adventurers -- Fiction.
- Antarctica -- Fiction. -- Discovery and exploration
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: Teen Fiction
A fictionalized account of the adventures of eighteen-year-old Perce Blackborow, who stowed away for the 1914 Shackleton Antarctic expedition and, after their ship Endurance was crushed by ice, endured many hardships, including the loss of the toes of his left foot to frostbite, during the nearly two-year return journey across sea and ice.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.