- Published: New York : Clarion Books, c2004.
- Year Published: 2004
- Description: 219 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 1000
- 0553494953 (pbk.)
- 0618439293 :
- Progress -- Fiction.
- Race relations -- Fiction.
- Moving, Household -- Fiction.
- Clergy -- Fiction.
- Maine -- Fiction. -- History -- 20th century
Recently Listed On
- 6th grade and 7th grade Historical Fiction
- The Progressive Tens for Teens
- LINKS -- Middle School Grades 6-8
- local authors
- historical fiction
- 20th Century America Historical Fiction for Teens
- 20th Century America Historical Fiction for Kids
- Printz Award Honor Books, 2000-2014
- Recommended Books For Sixth, Seventh, And Eighth Graders
Login to add tags
Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster boy
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Malletts Teen, West Youth
In 1911, Turner Buckminster hates his new home of Phippsburg, Maine, but things improve when he meets Lizzie Bright Griffin, a girl from a poor, nearby island community founded by former slaves that the town fathers--and Turner's--want to change into a tourist spot.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.