- Published: New York : Clarion Books, c2004.
- Year Published: 2004
- Description: 219 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 1000
- 0553494953 (pbk.)
- 0618439293 :
- Progress -- Fiction.
- Race relations -- Fiction.
- Moving, Household -- Fiction.
- Clergy -- Fiction.
- Maine -- Fiction. -- History -- 20th century
Recently Listed On
- Challenging Reads for Younger Readers - grades 5 and Up
- 6th grade and 7th grade Historical Fiction
- The Progressive Tens for Teens
- LINKS -- Middle School Grades 6-8
- local authors
- historical fiction
- 20th Century America Historical Fiction for Teens
- 20th Century America Historical Fiction for Kids
- Printz Award Honor Books, 2000-2014
- Recommended Books For Sixth, Seventh, And Eighth Graders
Login to add tags
Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster boy
There are currently 5 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown Teen, 3rd Floor, Downtown Youth, Malletts Teen, Traverwood Youth, West Youth
In 1911, Turner Buckminster hates his new home of Phippsburg, Maine, but things improve when he meets Lizzie Bright Griffin, a girl from a poor, nearby island community founded by former slaves that the town fathers--and Turner's--want to change into a tourist spot.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.