- Published: [Alexandria, Va.] : PBS Video, 2004.
- Year Published: 2004
- Description: 1 videodisc (ca. 60 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Wal-Mart (Firm)
- Discount houses (Retail trade)
- Discount houses (Retail trade) -- Social aspects
- Documentary television programs.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Login to add tags
Is Wal-Mart good for America?
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD 381.149 Is
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor
Originally broadcast on Nov. 16, 2004 as a segment of: Frontline.
Correspondent: Hedrick Smith.
Examines Wal-Mart's importation of Chinese goods into the United States. Discusses that while some economists credit Wal-Mart's focus on low costs with helping contain U.S. inflation, others charge that the company is the main force driving the massive overseas shift to China in the production of American consumer goods, resulting in hundreds of thousands of lost jobs and a lower standard of living in the U.S.
DVD, region 1; Dolby Digital; full screen.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.