- Published: Rothley, Leics. [Leicestershire, England] : Prince Frederick, Md. : W.F. Howes ; Distributed by Recorded Books, p2004.
- Year Published: 2004
- Description: 14 sound discs (ca. 16 hr., 15 min.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: Book on CD
- 1402589395 :
- Archaeologists -- Fiction.
- British -- Fiction. -- Egypt
- Excavations (Archaeology) -- Fiction.
- Police -- Fiction. -- Egypt
- Egypt -- Fiction.
- Mystery fiction.
Login to add tags
The lost army of Cambyses
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: BOCD Mystery
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor
"With tracks every 3 minutes for easy book marking"--Container.
Narrated by Gordon Griffin.
In 532 BC, the Persian pharaoh Cambyses dispatched an army across Egypt's western desert to destroy the oracle at Siwa. Legend has it that somewhere in the middle of the Great Dune Sea his army was overwhelmed by a sandstorm and lost forever. Two and a half millennia later, a mutilated corpse is washed up on the banks of the Nile at Luxor, an antiques dealer is savagely murdered in Cairo, and a British archaeologist is found dead at the ancient necropolis of Saqqara.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.