- Published: New York : Basic Books, c2004.
- Year Published: 2004
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 321 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- 0465014569 :
- Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa., 1863.
- Immigrants -- History -- 19th century. -- Pennsylvania -- Gettysburg
- Women, White -- History -- 19th century. -- Pennsylvania -- Gettysburg
- African Americans -- History -- 19th century. -- Pennsylvania -- Gettysburg
- United States -- History -- Participation, Immigrant. -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States -- History -- Women. -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States -- History -- African Americans. -- Civil War, 1861-1865
Login to add tags
The colors of courage : Gettysburg's hidden history : immigrants, women, and African-Americans in the Civil War's defining battle
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: 973.734 Cr
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Fl.
The Gettysburg campaign : a brief chronology -- Prologue : the lay of the land; a sign of the times -- An afternoon in the badlands -- The season of disbelief -- Desolation's edge -- Flying thick like blackbirds -- Bold acts -- The wide eye of the storm -- The aftermath -- The seesaw of honor, or, How the pigpen was mightier than the sword -- Women and remembrance -- Making a living on hallowed land.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.