- Published: New York : Scholastic Press, 2004.
- Year Published: 2004
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 31 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 970
- 0439357918 :
- Whitman, Walt, -- 1819-1892
- Poets, American -- Biography. -- 19th century
- Nurses -- Biography.
- United States -- History -- Medical care. -- Civil War, 1861-1865
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Walt Whitman : words for America
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: J 921 Whitman, Walt
Front cover has oval cutout to show portrait on flyleaf.
A biography of the American poet whose compassion led him to nurse soldiers during the Civil War, to give voice to the nation's grief at Lincoln's assassination, and to capture the true American spirit in verse.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.