- Published: New York : DC Comics, c1989.
- Year Published: 1989
- Description: 286 p. : col. ill. ; 26 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Graphic Novel
- 0930289528 :
Recently Listed On
- Graphic Novels You Have to Read
- Graphic novels that have been turned into films
- A Geek Lady's Favorite Comics
- Adult Graphic Novel Core List
- Great Graphic Novels available at AADL
- Checkout History
- books I plan to read
- Adult Dystopian Science Fiction
- Forbidden Planet's 50 Best Graphic Novels
Login to add tags
V for vendetta
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Adult Graphic Novel / Moore, Alan
Available Copies: Pittsfield Adult
"Originally published in magazine form in the United States as V for Vendetta #1-10"--Verso of t.p.
Reviews & Summaries
One of Alan Moore's earliest works. In an alternate history Earth, England has gone full-bore WWII Nazi fascism. A nutter in a Guy Fawkes mask takes on the oppressive regime single-handedly.
I loved V for Vendetta the first time I read it. My second time through, the cracks started to show. It's heavy-handed and over-earnest in a way that is commonly seen with teenaged writers. Moore is free about conflating order with fascism and disturbingly infatuated with anarchism. That said, it's adventurous, clever, well-paced, grand. The "V" symbolism runs rampant throughout the book and is quite slick at times, though it's occasionally a bit forced.
The pixelly six-color art looks dated, but it's probably not fair to hold that against it; it is a product of its time.
Login to write a review of your own.