- Published: New York, N.Y. : DC Comics, c2003.
- Year Published: 2003
- Edition: Direct ed.
- Description: 126 p. : chiefly col. ill. ; 26 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Graphic Novel
- 1563899809 (pbk.) :
Recently Listed On
- A Geek Lady's Favorite Comics
- If you like "The Walking Dead"...
- AV Club's Best Comics of the 00s
- Adult Graphic Novel Core List
- What If... : YALSA 2011 Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults
- Adult Apocalyptic and Post-Apocalyptic Science Fiction
- Eisner Award-winning Works
- Graphic Novel Reporter's Best of 2008
- Paste Magazine's 20 Best Graphic Novels of the Decade (2000-2009)
- Forbidden Planet's 50 Best Graphic Novels
Login to add tags
Y : the last man, Unmanned
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: Adult Graphic Novel / Y
"Originally published in single magazine form as Y: THE LAST MAN 1-5"--T.p. verso.
In the summer of 2002, a plague of unknown origin destroyed every last sperm, fetus, and fully developed mammal with a Y chromosome-with the apparent exception of one young man and his male pet. This "gendercide" instantaneously exterminated 48% of the global population, or approximately 2.9 billion men. Now, aided by the mysterious Agent 355, the last human male Yorick Brown must contend with dangerous extremists, a hoped-for reunion with a girlfriend on the other side of the globe, and the search for exactly why he's the only man to survive.
Reviews & Summaries
As hokey as the premise sounds, the entire 10-volume collection is a gripping, thought-provoking, and even funny series.
Login to write a review of your own.