- Published: New York : H. Holt, 2004.
- Year Published: 2004
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 415 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- 0805071458 :
- 0805079335 (softcover)
- Sweet, Ossian, -- 1895-1960 -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- Darrow, Clarence, -- 1857-1938.
- Trials (Murder) -- Michigan -- Detroit.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- History -- 20th century. -- Michigan -- Detroit
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- History -- 20th century.
- Detroit (Mich.) -- Race relations.
- United States -- Race relations.
Recently Listed On
trials segregation urban migration national book critics circle award for general nonfiction finalist urban history national book award for nonfiction 1920s race relations michigan clarence darrow AA ypsi reads finalist books set in michigan National Book Award (Nonfiction) aa ypsi reads civil rights national book award for nonfiction winner ossian sweet Ann arbor ypsi reads finalist detroit
Login to add tags
Arc of justice : a saga of race, civil rights, and murder in the Jazz Age
There are currently 2 available and 1 request on 6 copies
Where To Find It
Call number: 345.025 Bo
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Fl., Pittsfield Adult
Reviews & Summaries
This is an amazing story of race relations in Detroit in the 1920s. So much is taught of the civil war, post war, and the 1950s-60s civil rights movement that it's easy to forget what racial problems were occurring in between. And there were problems. The story of Ossian Sweet and his family's ordeal in search of their preferred housing in segregated Detroit is astounding. A must read for local history.
Login to write a review of your own.